DIY Rocks.

Post the details about DIY Projects.
anuragsonik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

DIY Rocks.

Unread post by anuragsonik »

I didn't capture the whole process of making rocks to document in DIY section, however will definetly try to explain with pictures here,
Raw Material:
DIY 006.jpg
DIY 005.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anuragsonik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: My 90 Gallon Malawi Tank

Equipments used:
DIY 018.jpg
DIY 020.jpg
DIY 011.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
parthapratim22

Re: DIY Rocks.

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

I like it a lot, but I always felt the white color is very hard to maintain!!!

I my home town it will surely become brown.

Thanks for sharing.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
anuragsonik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Thanks A lot Partha, they have already turned bit yellowish as compared to day 1 in aquarium but over all feel is getting refined with that, absolute white was something which I also didn't liked a lot.

Regards,
Anurag
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Next time try to mix some colours so that they will look more natural. Nice stuff, you make.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
nash81
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nash81 »

This rock will leech and make the water hard. Irrespective of how much it is cured it will leech, A good addition for a marine aquarium or cichlid tanks, however for planted or other aquariums requiring neutral pH these rocks may not help at all and may have a negative effect.

One can make rocks using Simple PU resins and Paper Mache, May be when we have our next meet , if possible i can do a small demo on how to make your own resin rocks.

Regards
Nirav.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

nash81 wrote:This rock will leech and make the water hard. Irrespective of how much it is cured it will leech, A good addition for a marine aquarium or cichlid tanks, however for planted or other aquariums requiring neutral pH these rocks may not help at all and may have a negative effect.

One can make rocks using Simple PU resins and Paper Mache, May be when we have our next meet , if possible i can do a small demo on how to make your own resin rocks.

Regards
Nirav.
That will be great.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
himansh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by himansh »

nice idea to make rocks.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

nash81 wrote:This rock will leech and make the water hard. Irrespective of how much it is cured it will leech, A good addition for a marine aquarium or cichlid tanks, however for planted or other aquariums requiring neutral pH these rocks may not help at all and may have a negative effect.

Regards
Nirav.
Which has the leaching property 1) Rock salt or 2)Portland cement ???
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
nash81
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nash81 »

parthapratim22 wrote:

Regards
Nirav.
Which has the leaching property 1) Rock salt or 2)Portland cement ???
The Coral sand use to make this mix, the portland cement may leech initially but will gradually stop, however the coral sand will release calcium in the water always. The main reason why coral sand is used in marine tanks is to help buffer the water.

Regards
Nirav.