7 gal Nano Reef

Forum for discus about various Fish, Corals, Anemones, Invertebrates etc.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 7 gal Nano Reef

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
santanu
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by santanu »

SCORPIO wrote:Nice

Thank You Rajiv ji

Here is another shot after the glass is cleaned

SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Shantnu, can you please show here water changing schedule of this tank and other maintenance?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

santanu
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by santanu »

SCORPIO wrote:Shantnu, can you please show here water changing schedule of this tank and other maintenance?

Here is my bi weekly clean up schedule,i scrape off algae if it builds up in the tank and also try to suck out dust accumulated at the bottom,surgical gloves are very important when handling,Weekly water change is something that has to be done religiously,salt i use is Red Sea Coral Pro and 20 liter bisleri water bottle,that is all,no fancy supplement,sorry about the bad pic quality

And just to take a quick look at the lighting i only and only use actinic lighting,Chinese made t5 10 hours every day.

Just a quick thought one does not need fancy equipment to have a stable tank,just a bit of extra time and the weekly maintenance does the trick :thumup
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

""Just a quick thought one does not need fancy equipment to have a stable tank,just a bit of extra time and the weekly maintenance does the trick""

Well said Santanu...

Nice thread

Are these Chinese T5s LEDs or normal fluoroscents? What did u pay for each>? How long have they been working?
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

You thread says they are "1 feet T5 48 watts each" Is that correct? The only issue i see in the tank is lack of corraline, apart from that great going. How did you get through the summers?
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
santanu
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by santanu »

Romi wrote:""

Are these Chinese T5s LEDs or normal fluoroscents? What did u pay for each>? How long have they been working?
Yes,they are Chinese t5s.Paid 55 rs each got it from lajpat nagar a shop near amar colony.I have changed only twice since i started the tank.
santanu
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by santanu »

Abhi wrote:You thread says they are "1 feet T5 48 watts each" Is that correct? The only issue i see in the tank is lack of corraline, apart from that great going. How did you get through the summers?

Yes,1 feet chinese t5 48 watts each,that is correct.There is corraline algae in the tank,its hard to identify with the actinic lights on,i had a Bajaj ECOLUX 36W 6500k, now the issue was high amount of heat and the growth of green algae seemed to be faster,originally i had only 1 actinic,so i removed the Bajaj ECOLUX 36W 6500k and replaced it with another actinic t5,now instead of the regular 4 hours,i am able to keep the lights on for 10 hours each day,without the issue of too much of heat.Now as for the coraline algae,i learned that it prefers blue light much better that pure white,don't quote me on that i may be wrong but that is something i read online,And somehow i believe that having a bare bottom tank might have been a good judgement for me to begin with.And yes during summer mans greatest invention saved me and the tank,yes you are right Air Conditioner (AC).

Note the purple and the green coraline algae.

Many thanks to both the aquarist who helped me starting this project,i am sure you know who i am talking about Cheers :thumup
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Really appreciating your work!

Your work is really inspirational. :clp
Can you please also mention the color temperature of lights.

santanu
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by santanu »

SCORPIO wrote:Really appreciating your work!

Your work is really inspirational. :clp
Can you please also mention the color temperature of lights.

Thank you,Rajiv ji ,its been a great learning experience for me having a salt water tank for the first time which was a dream come true.It always inspires me to get positive ideas from people and their inputs,there is always the learning curve.Thank you all for the support :thnk

Now coming back to the color temperature(spectrum) of the light,i may be wrong but i believe it should be somewhere in the range of 420nm to 460nm,which should help reproduction of the symbiotic algae, zooxanthellae for the carpet anemone.