Self Introduction.

Please announce about yourself here. This forum is for only new members of Aquapetz!
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Self Introduction.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Welcome on https://aquapetz.com

Registered members of https://aquapetz.com can post here about themselves.

I Rajiv Sharma originally belong to Meerut, Utter Pardesh but living in Delhi from Childhood. By profession I am a teacher in a Senior Secondary (10+20) school.
I fell in love with aquariums in the beginning of 2001. I have successfully kept Gold fishes, tetras, cichlids, native species, flowerhorns, Discus, livebearers etc. But now I am keeping only planted tanks.
In 2007, I saw lots of planted tank photographs on IAH and other websites and was inspired to keeping planted tanks. After some time, came in the contact of senior aquascapers of Delhi/N.C.R. such as Tirtha, Bappa, Tarun, Venky etc and also got inspirations from those. At present I have 4 planted tanks.
Through https://aquapetz.com, I hope that Indian aquarists will be proved a milestone in the world of Aquascaping. Here we can share our knowledge and other resources to develop the hobby.

Happy fishkeeping.

Rajiv Sharma
Delhi, INDIA
rsrajivji@gmail.com
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sangraj
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by sangraj »

Hi, This is Sangita Sharma, wife of Rajiv Sharma. I am enjoying this hobby from last 10 years.
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

Hi everyone ,My name is Aamir Khan and i am into this hobby from seven years.From two years i am keeping planted aquarium and i am more into diy i make my tanks and light fixtures myself.Happy fishkeeping enjoy your stay.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Hello everyone, this is Sushant. i started this hobby when i was pretty young. the hobby started with a single molly (probably marbled?) and grew into a multiple tank syndrome. at time i was crazy about cichlids and tried my hands on almost every species that was locally available with LFS (a small town LFS generally don't have more than 15 species available with them).

From the last six years i'm into planted tanks because i find them more challenging and have tried improving every day by trial and error method.

Six years with IAH has also helped me in improving my knowledge related to this hobby.

My passion also include electronics (i forgot to mention that i'm an instrumentation engineer by education) and i often try and love to club together both my hobbies in the My DIY projects.
Sushant
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Hi,

My name is Joyce Ray and I started out in this hobby about 20 years back. A pair of neon tetras used to cost Rs.25 back then !!

I am born and brought up in Delhi. Addicted to technology and currently in the process of upgrading my hi-tech CO2 setup. I plan to post the progress on AP sometime soon.

I have a 250 litre planted tank.
rimple
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rimple »

Hi,
My name is Sukhpal Singh. I am from Punjab. I am in this hobby last 8-9 years. I have three tank.
Thanks
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles at it. (Margaret Fuller)
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Zakk »

Greetings fellow hobbyist,

My name is Viresh Fleming and I am originally from Bangalore but currently reside in Kerala. I have been keeping fish seriously for the last 17 years and a total of 20 years since I kept my 1st Aquarium. I started out in this hobby when the Internet was a fairly new concept and gained most of my knowledge on my fish by visiting libraries during the weekends. I have kept 120 gallon tanks, 90's, 76's & at one point a 220 gallon. due to time constraints and parental pressure i had to take most of them down till i was able to fund it my self.

My tanks are my pride and joy and give me immense pleasure and a sense of peace. I currently run a 20 gallon long low tech planted tank that houses 4 diff species of dwarf Cichlids and tetras to serve as dither fish. (Something the "gurus" said cant be done").

I also street race, play rhythm guitars for a metal band & bass guitars for a rock n roll band, write poetry, compose music & muck around with DIY mods for computers.
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Zakk »

apuda2010 wrote:A pair of neon tetras used to cost Rs.25 back then !!
i still get them at that price out here buddy :)
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
mats
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by mats »

Hi everyone,
my name is kuldip, live in shimla and am keeping planted tanks for sometime now.
other than this i also enjoy gardening
regards and hope to share experiences with all
ratheeshkollam
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ratheeshkollam »

Hi all ,
I am Ratheesh.S Basically from Kerala
Working as a sr software engineer in Technopark Trivandum.
I started to keep Aquarum fish 22 years before.
The first fish i got is a two pair of Platy and a par of red sword. That i was on my school days (3rd standard ) :)
During this years i kept Beetas,Cichilds, Gold fish various type of oscars,Tetras etc.
Then i turn to keep Discus.
After a long rearch about discus i bought my first pair of discus from an LFS 3.5 years back as a test pair. The attempt was successful. It is because of the support from forums like IAH.
After one years i sold them out and bought a batch of 14 discusI keep them for 6 months and i lost 6 of them and sold all others. I got a dream price for the other 8 discus. This process continuing now. But this time i decided to bread the discus .
Hope i can able to breed the discus .but i need the helps and prays from you for this venture...

Note: I am not only interested in DISCUS but also with exotic tetra varieties and cichilds.there are a number of Jewel cichids with me they are always breeding
Cheers ...........................
Ratheesh.S
Thanks and Regards
Ratheesh.S
ICRI,
Technopark
Trivandrum