Sushant's planted aquarium.

Post your queries and experience related to aquatic plants and planted aquariums
parthapratim22

Re: Sushant's planted aquarium.

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Now you looking f**ng so happy...awesome, Happy scaping and growing plants
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vasishta.sushant »

Thought of adding some update pics.

Planning to cover the base with hydrocotyle Honda. It's not growing much and kinda static - shedding weak leaves. The wisteria is doing good and so is the amazon sword. Anubias Nana is not doing great. Had to prune few leaves with holes/the ones which turned yellow. There are new leaves growing but the plant hasn't established quite well. At least it's maintaining its state.

Added the solenoid valve as well and currently the co2 is at 4 odd bps, for 8 hours.

Also added some neon tetra. Got a bad batch fish and 4 out of ten that I bought had this white fungi thing on their mouth. Had to remove them from the tank and they eventually died. One of my rummy nose tetra jumped out of the tank and died. The SAE are doing a good job and have grown bigger.

Bought few red cherry shrimplets and only two of them are remaining but are growing well.

Some kind of snails have started showing up since my last introduction of the plants. Any feedback on them would be appreciated. They are kind of reproducing very fast. I can count 10 of them at least.

Have a look at some recent pics:

(posted with my mobile device)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
30x18x18 Tank | ADA Amazonia | EHEIM Classic 2217 | Finnex RAY2 LED | EHEIM Jager | Pressurized CO2

Learning to sustain...
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Here is the shrimp's pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
30x18x18 Tank | ADA Amazonia | EHEIM Classic 2217 | Finnex RAY2 LED | EHEIM Jager | Pressurized CO2

Learning to sustain...
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Added some more driftwood. The tank looks little more occupied now.

I wish the tank was big enough. Would have loved to put few discus in the same tank.

Aquarium Shot - Oct 19, 2014.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100
Last edited by vasishta.sushant on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Learning to sustain...
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice growth. Tank size is not enough to keep discus.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

I am back and I need some recommendations.

I cleaned up my tank a bit and need some suggestions regarding how to fill up the middle ground in the tank.

I would want a Dutch setup and need some mid rise Bush of some sort. Preferably something in red.

Any inputs?
IMG-20150405-WA0058.jpg

Learning to sustain...
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

You can use Alternanthera reineckii mini in middle ground as a red plant.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Pintoo
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Pintoo »

Looking nice. Why do you not remove the substrate from vacant place? It will look like as a lake sorrounded by trees.
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

SCORPIO wrote:You can use Alternanthera reineckii mini in middle ground as a red plant.
I guess I had this plant in my tank but not sure why it melted eventually. I tried adding more stems (which I got from you, in one of our meetings). It still didn't survive. Really liked that plant. May be you can help me with some tips to get that plant going.

Any alternate plant that doesn't grow very high? I want to have it placed right after the first layer at the back. Something like All green high rise layer at the back followed by dark colored low rise bush in the front, as second layer.
Pintoo wrote:Looking nice. Why do you not remove the substrate from vacant place? It will look like as a lake surrounded by trees.
That'd look odd I guess. Also eventually the fish move the stuff a lot and that void would eventually be leveled down :)

Learning to sustain...
devchitra
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by devchitra »

Looking nice.