Cryptocoryne striolata tiger striped

Post your queries and experience related to aquatic plants and planted aquariums
kunalpawar785
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Cryptocoryne striolata tiger striped

Unread post by kunalpawar785 »

To begin with i received some crypt striolata "tiger striped". The crypts were not in good condition due to this heat and it had lost all its leaves. :( . I noticed a fruit at the base of this crypt. it to broke it while planting the plant in its immersed set up. i considering it a goner I dropped this fruit in the water used to keep the mother plant in immersed. While cleaning the setup after few weeks i found this fruit rather in the same conditions i put it in water though it had gone a little bit soft. I decided to break open the fruit to see what was inside it and to my surprise i saw some green seeds in it. immediate they were transferred to a moist cotton bed . further googling about the seeds It was found out that the fruit of the crypt opens up which is an indication the seeds are mature. Again all hopes down i asked few few hobbyist they said the seeds were immature and they were no good. Taking my chances i placed the cotton bed in the shade and crossed my fingers. The next observations would be as you see the pictures

This pic was Taken after four days transferring to the bed. this is a very slow growing crypt found in the central sarawak region. Needs softwater with low conductance values.
Will keep posting info abt the seeds as i get time. All suggestion and tips are welcome :)
kunalpawar785
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Cryptocoryne striolata tiger striped

I dont have my own pic of this crypt as all the leaves have melted.....but i could suggest to go though jungle mikes forum to see the beauty of this crypt. this is the following link for the same.
http://junglemikey.blogspot.in/2012/09/ ... ripes.html
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by syed.ali »

Wooww, this is new crypt, great find best of luck i would suggest you plant these seeds in cocopeat with RO water
kunalpawar785
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

this plant prefers low ion concentration water (soft) and fairly neutral pH (6.5-6.7).
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

fixed the images.That's indead is one of the best looking crypt and probably new in the hobby. Your grow bed have made me curious, what exactly is that white thing (Agar-Agar)???
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice. This is one of the unique looking crypt. Cotton is a good medium to grow seeds. Now you need some nutrients for proper growth. Mix just a drop of micro/macro in water and spray of cotton.

Best of luck.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
kunalpawar785
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

white portion of my bed is medical cotton. below cotton i have placed fresh ADA soil. thank you scorpio and sushant. i am tring hard to revive the mother plant. The mother plant is not doing good in submersed condition.
kunalpawar785
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

i even have borneo cordata in my collection that seems to be pretty hardy. the leaves are mushroom shaped. would post the images soon. even some aridarum sp mini (aridarum caleusens var angustifolium).
Pintoo
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Pintoo »

Nice.
KarthikC

Unread post by KarthikC »

Any update? Want to see the beautiful plant grow out.

Cheers,

Karthik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk