Ramirezi Dwarf Cichlid Breeding spontaneously

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Ramirezi Dwarf Cichlid Breeding spontaneously

Unread post by Romi »

@marsaiko

the pleasure is mine, buddy.

@rimple

thanks yaar.

@vijendra

okay buddy, dont worry, u asked second, so u get the second pair! hehe. i remember the pleasure u gave me that day when u offered the three white clouds to me.

@jack

sure bro. they are in a 15 by 24 by 15 inch tank. the water is medium-soft. i use a hydrosponge air stream filter and make 30% water changes weekly. the tank is full of fish, and this breeding is unplanned. but yes, i feed good food (mentioned in the opening post) and if i have a pair of anyting, it wants to breed. i think mosquito larvae really get them in the mood! i harvest larvae all year. easiest live food.

@ishaan

I am a very faithful and loyal friend, that is the only reason i am 'offering' breeding pairs! Actually, i am being emotionally blackmailed by them, and i am hoping one of them will take pity and let me keep a pair. but the first two are very determined hehe. so this is how this has come about... :D

@cichlids

thanks for the kind words, buddy! appreicate it no end. coming from the owner of so many tanks, i am flattered. but honestly, the photos are the point-and-shoot kind. Rajiv made me take them and post. This guy was convinced i had all males when i bought the fish, so i had to give him proof! i hope u post your tank pics soon because i am looking forward to them big time.

@Scorpio

okay, okay. sooner or later, i will give u ramirezi. let us see what happens, that tank is stocked with two catfish too, u know ... but they breed like clocks at times.

@Zakk

i have three varieties of worms (starting with microworms) for the time being, been keeping them for a while so i guess i can say i can feed them alright! yes they are excellent parents, the best thing about cichlid behaviour. u should see the male herding his fry.

@maaz
buddy, fry is fry. u wait for them to grow up and then the females become flirts and show red bellies. their dark spot is also marked with blue spots. that is how i sexed them when i purchased. easy but only possible later.
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

ok thanks of the info buddy...
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Zakk »

:) I know what you mean.

i have had breeding pairs of lotta cichlids back in the day. One of the reasons i love Cichlids is the parental behavior they display.
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

Romi wrote:I am a very faithful and loyal friend, that is the only reason i am 'offering' breeding pairs! Actually, i am being emotionally blackmailed by them, and i am hoping one of them will take pity and let me keep a pair. but the first two are very determined hehe. so this is how this has come about... :D
oh then i should also start this whenever i have extra aquarium and time to keep them :lol: :lol: :lol:
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@zakk

yeah buddy, they really are devoted parents. many human beings lack such commitment to progeny, especially the males! so i ask my father to study them more closely! hehe. if i had a kid, i would love to involve him in keeping an eye on the in their endless efforts to clean, guard, feed, and herd.

@ishaan

u should try dwarf cichlids because they are not so violent as big cichlids, and show all their interesting habits. but u need lotsa plants!
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

Romi wrote:u should try dwarf cichlids because they are not so violent as big cichlids, and show all their interesting habits. but u need lotsa plants!
i will surely try keeping them once i have enough space to keep them, because i don't what to keep them in small partition with jewels :lol: :lol: .
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868