My 32 Litre Fish Tank !!

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: My 32 Litre Fish Tank !!

Unread post by Romi »

ok, the famed Mr Monty Chadda again!

gee whiz, get him to join aquapetz, for a professional who aquascapes for a living, we are ALL beginners here :lol:

what do u say, rajiv?
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Romi wrote:ok, the famed Mr Monty Chadda again!

gee whiz, get him to join aquapetz, for a professional who aquascapes for a living, we are ALL beginners here :lol:

what do u say, rajiv?
i did tried once but in vain. but its' surely worth another try.
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Romi wrote:ok, the famed Mr Monty Chadda again!

what do u say, rajiv?
Unfortunately, I have never meet him. You can reach him to join us.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

Ok, I will ask him today..

finally have 6 guppies and a male betta in my tank..also the shrimps..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If there is a F(w)ish , there is a way !!
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

nick, the guppies will soon make more. can u put the betta in a small betta barrack so that he does not eat the young? u can buy it and put it in the tank along with the betta.

why is half of your heater out of the water? this not only shortens its life span, it can explode. if u dont want to immerse it completely, u can keep the plastic end out, but the glass shouldnt protrude from the surface by more than half an inch. there is an arrow on the heater to indicate this level, look at it again. u also need to clean your sponge, the water is cloudy. in the next meeting, u must take some water sprite and vallisneria. i think admin has some ;) (Sorry rajiv!)
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

hi romi

thanks for the information, the heater and oxygen was switched off because I was changing the water and taking out the fishes, and yeah the water looks dirty because I was fixing the mosses in the base of the tank..what can I do to clean the surface of the glass from inside, you can see that it looks dirty too.. Sure will request for some plants to rajiv ji ;)
some weekend you take out time and visit at my place and help me making the tank look good..
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

well, i would be glad to help you out. as of now, you have no plants, what would we aquascape with? :) why dont u use aquapetz to single out guys with lush planted tanks and invite them also? if my plants were not doing so badly (lack of a good micronutrient powder for months, only now rajiv is trying for csm-b, and vijendra for rexolin), i would get plants for you myself. .... but i have hardly any left.

maybe juanico can offer u a few next time he is pruning his plants? :? Abhi in Noida has such massive plant growth too! Fishyguy has a tank exploding with foliage. rajiv always has jungles in his Gangajal tanks. i can tell u more names, but i might have already got into trouble, so i will shut up now! :lol:

my father is getting his chemotherapy done these days. so i have to really keep an eye out for free time. let's see.

meanwhile, get some fine gravel, ur gravel is more 'gravayla', :D Why dont u try to find some soilrite/cocopeat for a good fertile layer underneath the gravel? ask around. do u have someone in US who can arrange for CSM-B? how about some DIY CO2? i have heard about this great substrate called contra soil. research it.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Dikshant, first of all you need some good type substrate to grow plants as suggested by Romi. After that plan, what do you want to grow in your aquarium. Prepare yourself and grab as much plants from me, Romi, Aamir, Bappa Da etc. I always have plants to full a tank 2 footer tank. So don't worry about plants.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@negi

Scorpio said it! Now you have access to one of the finest plant collections i have seen in Delhi.
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

Romi wrote:well, i would be glad to help you out. as of now, you have no plants, what would we aquascape with? :) why dont u use aquapetz to single out guys with lush planted tanks and invite them also? if my plants were not doing so badly (lack of a good micronutrient powder for months, only now rajiv is trying for csm-b, and vijendra for rexolin), i would get plants for you myself. .... but i have hardly any left.

maybe juanico can offer u a few next time he is pruning his plants? :? Abhi in Noida has such massive plant growth too! Fishyguy has a tank exploding with foliage. rajiv always has jungles in his Gangajal tanks. i can tell u more names, but i might have already got into trouble, so i will shut up now! :lol:

my father is getting his chemotherapy done these days. so i have to really keep an eye out for free time. let's see.

meanwhile, get some fine gravel, ur gravel is more 'gravayla', :D Why dont u try to find some soilrite/cocopeat for a good fertile layer underneath the gravel? ask around. do u have someone in US who can arrange for CSM-B? how about some DIY CO2? i have heard about this great substrate called contra soil. research it.
hi I feel like a commerce student (which I am, lol) sitting in a medical class room by mistake :lol: :geek: