My 32 Litre Fish Tank !!

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
aamir
Experts
Experts

Re: My 32 Litre Fish Tank !!

Unread post by aamir »

Links are not working:
The selected attachment does not exist anymore.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

hi the images were saved in a hard drive attached to my computer, there were no direct links..uploading images once again..

I was reading the DIY Substrate section on aquapetz, for a tank like mine,how much cocopeat soil/ Latartie/ Soilrite will be required. The gravel that I right now I have is around 2-3 kgs..so of course I suppose, I have to reduce it..pls advice..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If there is a F(w)ish , there is a way !!
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

hi guys

just checked in my tank

the snails have laid eggs on the upper cover of my aquarium ..looked yukk !!!

neway how much time will they take to hatch? they laid the eggs yesterday late night..
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

your tanks look cool. what fish in 2nd tank?
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

if you talking about the tanks on this page, they aint mine bro..
thanks for the kind words though :)

my guppy gave 2 babies :)
and apple snails gave eggs, there are around 9-10 baby snails in my tank..if any one wants to take snails or guppies, let me know..
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

nick17s wrote: my guppy gave 2 babies :)
There is a total of 6 baby guppies now 8-)
vijendra_s123

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

nick17s wrote:hi the images were saved in a hard drive attached to my computer, there were no direct links..uploading images once again..

I was reading the DIY Substrate section on aquapetz, for a tank like mine,how much cocopeat soil/ Latartie/ Soilrite will be required. The gravel that I right now I have is around 2-3 kgs..so of course I suppose, I have to reduce it..pls advice..
Buddy 1st decide what all plants you are planning to keep. If you decide to keep only mosses and anubias as I have kept in my low tech nano then you dont need to go for any substrate as these plants wont require any.....
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

hi attaching a pic of my tank..do I need to cut the pipe (water suction) as it almost touches the base of the aquarium? this sucks the java moss and tetra bit sometimes, is there some way i can stop that ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

vijendra_s123 wrote:
nick17s wrote: Buddy 1st decide what all plants you are planning to keep. If you decide to keep only mosses and anubias as I have kept in my low tech nano then you dont need to go for any substrate as these plants wont require any.....
Hi vijendra..
I want to keep mosses, amazon, anubias and the plant attached in the image (dont remember the name,I already have this one from past 2-3 months)..
vijendra_s123

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

For keeping amazon and not sure what that plant is (looks like giant vallesneria) you will have to give a nutrient rich subtrate as these plants are root feeders unlike mosses and anubias which take nutrients from the water column itself. The 11W cfl that comes with this tank will not be sufficient to meet the lighting requirement of the root feeders, so I would suggest that you drop the idea of planting the amazon and vallesneria and instead go for Microsorum pteropus (Java fern) again a column feeder or Crypts.

Cover the pipe with a filter sponge which are readily available in lfs's that is what i have done in my nano, which is of the same make. You can cut the pipe as well but then you'll have to ensure that the inlet is properly covered so as to prevent any fish from getting sucked in.