homemade feed???

Forum for discuss on fish/Invertebrates food.
rahul_sood
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

homemade feed???

Unread post by rahul_sood »

some one told me that for enhancing the color we have to add some medicine in homemade recipe...
1) how to make homemade recipe for all fishes...
2) the medicine told to me are astaxenthin, beta, carotene, canthaxenthin and cod liver oil..
i only knows about cod liver oil as i give this to pigeons and parakeets...
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: homemade feed???

Unread post by Matrix »

Which fish are you keeping?
1) The recipe can be made keeping in mind the type of fish one has. It does vary (but not much, can keep general veggie ingredients) if your are keeping discuss or tetras or loaches, etc .....Many recipes are available online just google it.
2) For enhancing color i read:
"Shrimp meal is a source of pigments that enhances the desirable color in the tissues of fish. It is also a secondary supplemental protein source for fish"
secondly also,
"Brine shrimp (adult Artemia) is a common food source for fish that are available in adult-form, as eggs or freeze-dried. Brine shrimp is a source of protein, carotene (a color enhancer) and acts as a natural laxative in fish digestive systems"

There are many other natural ingredients available not sure if you wanna risk adding medicines (if so, you'll have to study the contents of it in much detail plus its effects & side effects on fish)

I had this chart saved in my PC (mods dont know the source of it, saved it long time back, delete it if you find it against the forum rules), hope this helps :)

Last edited by Matrix on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---
Amol
rahul_sood
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rahul_sood »

in punjab i never found prawns shrimps or any sea food...thats why i was looking for the medicine...i knew the dossage how much to add but anyone heard about this can guide me...or i will drop that idea as i love fishes more then stupid recipe :D
kumarnk
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by kumarnk »

how to make homemade recipe for tiger barb fishes?
Narender
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

try the tetra bits, by far the easiest I have tried and you can see affects in a weeks time.
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

rahul_sood wrote: 2) the medicine told to me are astaxenthin, beta, carotene, canthaxenthin and cod liver oil..
these are not medicine, but artificial colours.
i have a friend who breeds parrots and other birds. he uses astaxanthin for colour enhancement.
another friend uses cantaxanthin to get a bright red colour in his discus.
Dabbu3288
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Dabbu3288 »

For guys who don't get seafood at their end. You can check with the store keepers if they can arrange for dried sea food. Dried shrimps will be just as good.
Have a product to sell online? Searching for an affiliate marketer? Want web traffic at your site? Looking for a SEO?