New Culture Is Here : Walter Worms !!

Forum for discuss on fish/Invertebrates food.
superbsite
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

New Culture Is Here : Walter Worms !!

Unread post by superbsite »

Hello Everyone and a Happy Diwali To You !

We have now got Walter Worms.
ImageImage
The above photos are of an oats + yeast culture

Thanks to Amal Pendse for sharing this with us
Thanks to Deepak for collecting this via Amit :thumup

Those hobbyists who are breeding and have very small tiny frys this will be good for them.
Its as easy as microworms to maintain
For an idea on sizes, walter worms are half the size of microworms. Banana worms are quarter the size of microworms

Right now I have one culture running on oats + yeast and I just started another using a brown bread slice

My Microworms have been going fungussy off late. Once I revive them or get a new culture from another hobbyist I will put some walter worms and micro worms side by side to compare the same.
Please give me suggestions on how to compare them because I dont have a microscope. I thought of putting a drop each on a black plastic surface and clicking a close up photo.

For those of you who need more information, please read more via these links (Ive not gone deep in the theory)
http://www.worm-cultures.com/walterworminformation.htm
http://www.bugpantry.com/caresheets/wal ... caresheet/

@Mumbai hobbyists
Some of you please take this culture and keep it running so we dont loose out on this
You can pick this up from me at the MAM

In case any other city location needs this and are willing to take the responsibility to distribute it to the rest of the hobbyists in that state or city let me know if you have anyone coming to Mumbai or visiting your city from Mumbai Or we will make arrangements to have it couriered to you but you need to be patient on the couriering.

Note : This is strictly not for LFS or one time joinees who dont contribute on the forum at all. One such person is "Amod Pingle IAH ID BirdsUnderTheSea" who has taken grindals. grrr Ive put him on my black list. So careful with whom you share these cultures with.
You can collect Walter/Micro/Beer/Grindals/ - Worm Cultures and plant cuttings from my tanks after I've pruned. +919833462069
All this for Free for Hobbyists.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: New Culture Is Here : Walter Worms !!

Unread post by Romi »

That is amazing, Pio.

I have never bred a species of fish that had fry too small for microworms, but I did have fry that hugged the surface and did not eat the microworms that dropped to the bottom of the tank.

Do the Walter Worms do a better job of staying near the surface than microworms or do they start to fall rapidly too?
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

To quote Pio Superbsite, ''Note : This is strictly not for LFS or one time joinees who dont contribute on the forum at all. One such person is "Amod Pingle IAH ID BirdsUnderTheSea" who has taken grindals. grrr Ive put him on my black list. So careful with whom you share these cultures with''....

I feel that this is something that most hobbyists who are generous with free gifts understand. A person who comes only to ask for favours from hobbyists and then disappears forever from the forum, deserves our contempt and a rebuff.

I would suggest you offer cultures only to known hobbyists with the rare exception here and there, Pio.

I also feel that we have a lot of live food now. Imagine, infusoria, paramecium (Neil Thirumuttam), Walter worms, Microworms, Grindal worms, the tubifex species I found in Delhi, meal worms, eisenia fetida eartnworms... What we need to do is to make people understand that they are easy to keep and prolong the life of fish and keep them more colourful and healthy.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I would suggest both of you to consult some other hobbyist if you strictly want to offer only to genuine hobbyist.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda