Suggestion on frozen food please !!!

Forum for discuss on fish/Invertebrates food.
jack

Suggestion on frozen food please !!!

Unread post by jack »

hello everyone,

i was hitting net for long regarding setting up live food cultures for my rams and some tetras, but everything was messy and consume some time. Its winter at the moment and i get fresh blood worm in lfs but once its summer the quality will detoriate and the availability will be less. so thought of using frozed food that hikari has.

1) where can i get these ?
2) how do i have to store them ?
3) do they show quality result as they claim ?
4) price please ?
5) has any one used them ?

thanks in advance for the response
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Suggestion on frozen food please !!!

Unread post by Abhishek »

jack wrote:hello everyone,

i was hitting net for long regarding setting up live food cultures for my rams and some tetras, but everything was messy and consume some time. Its winter at the moment and i get fresh blood worm in lfs but once its summer the quality will detoriate and the availability will be less. so thought of using frozed food that hikari has.

4) price please ?

Answers-
1. You can get it to the lfs or order them online- depends what kind of food you need for them.
2. Normal keep them in the air tight container that they provide.
3. What is quality- please explain it a little.
4. Depends what you want and also quantity.
5. Yes I am using.
jack

Unread post by jack »

Abhishek wrote:
jack wrote:hello everyone,

4) price please ?

Answers-
1. You can get it to the lfs or order them online- depends what kind of food you need for them.
2. Normal keep them in the air tight container that they provide.
3. What is quality- please explain it a little.
4. Depends what you want and also quantity.
5. Yes I am using.
thanks bro,

1) who sells it ? which online store ? i want hikari's blood worm and brine shrimp
2) do i need to refrigerate them ? or can be stored in room temperature ?
3) i have heard that life food or dried live food some times spreads disease and are harmful for the plants, soo are this frozen food safe for fish ?
4) prices for blood worms and brine shrimp (hikari)
5) what are you using abhishek bro ? are you satisfied with the product ?
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

jack wrote:
thanks bro,

1) who sells it ? which online store ? i want hikari's blood worm and brine shrimp
3) i have heard that life food or dried live food some times spreads disease and are harmful for the plants, soo are this frozen food safe for fish ?
Answers again -
1. I dont believe on India Online Stores and the e-commerce here so I buy it from LFS or else check out once in ebay.com.
2. No if they are dried you can normally keep them.
3. Dont know about this at all.
4. I have blood worm but I brought it of some other brand - Futian and the Hikari blood worms I got it for free so price dont know :)
5. I have used hikari blood worms,hikari micro pellets, hikari cichlid excel and hikari algae waffers response have been good by my fishes and inverts. Recently I am shifting from Hikari Pellets to NLS and I guess my fishes are liking the NLS more!!!
jack

Unread post by jack »

Abhishek wrote:
jack wrote:
thanks bro,

Answers again -
1. I dont believe on India Online Stores and the e-commerce here so I buy it from LFS or else check out once in ebay.com.
2. No if they are dried you can normally keep them.
3. Dont know about this at all.
4. I have blood worm but I brought it of some other brand - Futian and the Hikari blood worms I got it for free so price dont know :)
5. I have used hikari blood worms,hikari micro pellets, hikari cichlid excel and hikari algae waffers response have been good by my fishes and inverts. Recently I am shifting from Hikari Pellets to NLS and I guess my fishes are liking the NLS more!!!

thanks bro, ll have a look at ebay, i am looking for the frozen variety in special..... lets see....

i shifted my tetras from tetrabits and hikari, to ADA gold and DoAqua series, expensive though but they are loving them....
Abhi

Unread post by Abhi »

I have used the frozen blood worms of hikari with Discus and they do show good results. Problem is getting hands on them, since they are to be kept frozen.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
jack

Unread post by jack »

Abhi wrote:I have used the frozen blood worms of hikari with Discus and they do show good results. Problem is getting hands on them, since they are to be kept frozen.
but bro, they are not available :( i checked out brineshrimpdirect.com and shot them mail, but they havent replied till now... does any one has any with them ?