whats' wrong with this guy

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
sushant

whats' wrong with this guy

Unread post by sushant »

one of my chili rasboras is showing a transparent inflammated structure on its body, though it is active and does not show any type of discomfort but the structure is gradually increasing in size. below is some of the pic. that i have managed to take:

can some suggest whats wrong with it ?
Sushant
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: whats' wrong with this guy

Unread post by Naufil »

Chances are its a skin fluke or perhaps a fungal infection though I am no expert on fish disease
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Fungus as far as I am concerned :(
xargar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by xargar »

Is it like air filled sac or like or like blister... if yes then it is a gas bubble disease

Symptoms:

Symptoms include blisters that are clearly visible beneath the skin, particularly in the head area, in and around the eyes. Blisters may also form inside the body. Sick fish will make a croaking sound when removed from the water.

Cause:

Oxygen oversaturation: This disease is most frequently seen in heavily planted or Algae-ridden aquariums or ponds. In such a scenario, oxygen production can be so great that it upsets the proper balance of dissolved gases in the water causing very small gas bubbles to form inside of the fish. If these bubbles move to the blood stream they can be fatal.

Remedy:

Perform an immediate water change to restore the proper gas balance. Clean away Algae and reduce the amount of live plants. Use an anti-algae chemical if necessary, such as Algae Destroyer. Reduce lighting to reduce oxygen production by the plants.

HOPE THIS HELPS :)

Mod note -
Source - http://www.fish-disease.net/diseases/ga ... isease.php
Visit us : http://aquatickart.in
Complete Pet Shop For All Your Pet Needs :dance
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

xargar wrote:Is it like air filled sac or like or like blister... if yes then it is a gas bubble disease

Symptoms:

Symptoms include blisters that are clearly visible beneath the skin, particularly in the head area, in and around the eyes. Blisters may also form inside the body. Sick fish will make a croaking sound when removed from the water.

Cause:

Oxygen oversaturation: This disease is most frequently seen in heavily planted or Algae-ridden aquariums or ponds. In such a scenario, oxygen production can be so great that it upsets the proper balance of dissolved gases in the water causing very small gas bubbles to form inside of the fish. If these bubbles move to the blood stream they can be fatal.

Remedy:

Perform an immediate water change to restore the proper gas balance. Clean away Algae and reduce the amount of live plants. Use an anti-algae chemical if necessary, such as Algae Destroyer. Reduce lighting to reduce oxygen production by the plants.

HOPE THIS HELPS :)
Don't copy paste information from other websites, instead post link http://www.fish-disease.net/diseases/ga ... isease.php
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
xargar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by xargar »

Any good reason for not copying and give links...
Visit us : http://aquatickart.in
Complete Pet Shop For All Your Pet Needs :dance
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

xargar wrote:Any good reason for not copying and give links...
Its just forum rules buddy (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33). I am sure nothing personal from Ishaan's side.
---
Amol
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

Thanks Ishaan for pointing it out.

Please keep it in mind that if you are sharing some one else hard work give the credit to them they at least deserve it.
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

Abhishek wrote:Thanks Ishaan for pointing it out.

Please keep it in mind that if you are sharing some one else hard work give the credit to them they at least deserve it.
:1
---
Amol
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

i hope you got the answer from respected member and team member of the forum, so i don't need to say anything :thnk
Matrix wrote:
Its just forum rules buddy (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33). I am sure nothing personal from Ishaan's side.
nothing personal , i have pointed such things earlier also, in this case his format looked suspicious so i googled a bit and found the link
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868