Need help with water condition

Forum for discuss on various water parameters.
parichay B
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Need help with water condition

Unread post by parichay B »

the death of your fish could be also because of nitrates. high nitrates cause long term neurological dysfunction. you will not see any symptoms at early stages with nitrate poisoning. i live in indirapuram and have gone through these issues. is it a planted tank?

when u say one fish dies at a time without others getting affected, i feel it is obviously not a communicable form of disease thus it has to be more of an internal dysfunction - again to nitrate poisoning. i bought cera test kits. spend some money once, get all these test kits, and let us know the test results along with other details as tank size, water change cycle, lighting cycle, planted or not.
rocky2
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rocky2 »

sorry for being late to reply No white coat i change water twice. per week 29% i have about 10 small medium sized fishes in 4*20*28 tank...fishes start breathing hard after 10 to 12 hrs of water change and there gills are all flared and mouth open and. they die
rocky2
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rocky2 »

water wen collected from.tap
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rocky2
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rocky2 »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ashok
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ashok »

rocky2 wrote:
Hi! rocky2,
If you enable to check water parameters at your end then bring your tank and tape water in separate bottles at my place as a hobbyist i will check it for you.

Ashok
Ashok
parichay B
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by parichay B »

hope you dont have any troubling decors. we need water parameters? check nh3, no3, ph, kh etc, give us the readings, again, is it planted tank? substrate?, all of these r very important. they affect the water paramteres and in turn the fish
rocky2
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rocky2 »

well ashok jee thank you tell me where u put up and i might pop in .

Prichay probther its not planted susbstrate is corse white sand and i have normal woods and river stones nothing else and all these were present there from a long time nothing changed.

i think its time to get a good water tester again
Ashok
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ashok »

rocky2 wrote:well ashok jee thank you tell me where u put up and i might pop in .
I live in Gurgaon you have to send water at my place and i will give you the test reports after half an hour.
Address:-378/21,Omnagar,near Rajnagar Mor,Gurgaon
Cont.No.8802562815

Ashok
Ashok
rocky2
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rocky2 »

thank you guys for all the suggestions i guess i was able to curb the killings for now and keeping a close watch on the water quality now ..tank looks stable no more deaths now....Ashok jee thank you very much and i have order for a new test kit now thnk