current usa satellite freshwater led plus pro

Post your quires regarding lighting needs in planted aquariums.
aniketm90
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

current usa satellite freshwater led plus pro

Unread post by aniketm90 »

Hi guys,

I wanted the forums opinion on these light

http://current-usa.com/aquarium-led-lig ... e-led-pro/

It will cost me roughly 10k, and considering the savings on energy and timer, I am very much inclined to go for it. Please do let me know whether it's worth it for a l24" x h18" x d18"

Also, I wanted to know what you guys think about the profilux controller, it's an awesome piece of gadgetry, but is it useful?
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: current usa satellite freshwater led plus pro

Unread post by saikumar »

will it be a planted tank?
can I suggest you www.ecoxotic.com they really have a punch in that package!!

proliflux for a planted tank!! wow, why not if you can afford it. But its no fun without all the add-ons, so do check which one you would really need.
and anyway with your proliflux your LED controller might not be needed that much as you can integrate all into proliflux. And hope you ll pick version 3.1 and above for internet control of your equipments.
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vasishta.sushant »

I just got this fixture (pro plus 24-36). Not sure how are you planing to get it in 10K but amazon charged me good 14 odd grand for this.

Build quality is good and the light seems well balanced.

Will take me a couple of days to adjust to it (had finnex planted plus 24x7 earlier).

Feel free to ask me any question regarding the fixture.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
30x18x18 Tank | ADA Amazonia | EHEIM Classic 2217 | Finnex RAY2 LED | EHEIM Jager | Pressurized CO2

Learning to sustain...
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Also ecoxotic and current usa share the same manufacturer. Their remote controllers are same, their rab co controllers are same and even the overall look and feel is same.

30x18x18 Tank | ADA Amazonia | EHEIM Classic 2217 | Finnex RAY2 LED | EHEIM Jager | Pressurized CO2

Learning to sustain...
saikumar

well sponsor of 'Current' says it ;)

at $20 difference, I'd personally go for the E series. purely for performance

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/7286714-post8.html
aniketm90
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

@sai the sponsor hasn't really replied to the questions posted to him further, from the looks of it, the e-series does run hotter and has a safety feature that turns it off, considering our country, it doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

@vasishta I have friend who lives in Murica, he is getting a deal from his LFS for $150, so whenever he comes down he will get it, for a single piece equipment being carried, won't be charged any money and I have to pay him the spot rate conversion and a round of drinks, so I obviously don't mind getting the lights even though I don't have the tank. Have told my brother who stays in Germany to get me an eheim 2217 as well, again for around 7k. This has effectively helped me save up over 5k in case I do a future build. The downside, the tank dimensions have already been fixed.

Coming to the more pressing question, how is the fixture all in all, is it possible for you to do a comprehensive review, if not, then do let me know if it can successfully replace a t5ho and is it worth the money? The reason for not going for the ecoxotic is two folded, one - it seems they have the same performance, and the other is that there is no deal so it will cost me $190 which will add up to around 3k more. Also, what is the warranty situation? Do you get any?
saikumar

aniketm90 wrote:@sai the sponsor hasn't really replied to the questions posted to him further, from the looks of it, the e-series does run hotter and has a safety feature that turns it off, considering our country, it doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
whis so thats a hint that these are more powerful
Eitherways, IMO I dont think you ll go wrong with any of two. Just that I got taken away with journals using ecoxotic, dont have a hint of personal experience.

:thumup
aniketm90
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

@sai ADU aquascaping(Dave) on youtube has done a review of the ecoxotic praising them, but in comments has asked to go the led+, considering the cost, I will go for led+ pro. Thanks for the suggestions:)

@vasishta did you need to buy the 220v/ 110v step down converter, if so can you tell me which one?
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

The plus pro comes with Universal power adapter and it's straight plug and play. Worked right out of the box.

I might not be able to write a comprehensive review but can tell you that I like it better than my earlier finnex. Couple of reasons: It's built better and is water proof. Also it's less gimmicky than the Finnex was. Sure the flashy modes (storm) are there but lot better tuned. Instead of having ever changing cycle in finnex, this one comes with logical high light (sunlight) and low light (moonlight) cycle. Both are adjustable and there is a gradual migration from one to another. Additionally there is a digital read out that enhances the usability.

The light also is more intense than it was on the Finnex 24x7. Could be very close to the Ray2 I owned earlier. Also the shimmer effect is much more evident.

I am using it on a 30 inch tank but the LEDs are spread only on the 24 inch central zone. The fixture is horizontally extendable and can be used for tanks upto 35 inches. Needless to say, tank's extreme ends get lesser light. Also it kind of sits too close to the water surface and there is no way to adjust the heifmght vertically. The Finnex used to sit like a couple of inches above the tank's level.

It is little expensive as well but I am pretty satisfied so far with the light.

Learning to sustain...