Fishy Quiz

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Fishy Quiz

Unread post by Romi »

VishaalDalal wrote:
Romi wrote:My old favourrrrrrite! :mrgreen:

It is sadly extinct in its natural habitat now.

Romi is right it is the White Cloud Mountain minnow (Tanichthys albonubes) and Romi some wild populations have been found though not in the original habitat.
I read that too. But on closer scrutiny, I found that the other populations are not the exact species which is subtropical. The other populations are tropical, and that temperature preference is so marked, it would be incorrect to consider them the same species. In some websites, these alternative populations are regarded as vietnamese cardinals or some such name (tanichthys micragemmae), a beautiful but clearly different fish.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Romi wrote:
VishaalDalal wrote:

Romi is right it is the White Cloud Mountain minnow (Tanichthys albonubes) and Romi some wild populations have been found though not in the original habitat.
I read that too. But on closer scrutiny, I found that the other populations are not the exact species which is subtropical. The other populations are tropical, and that temperature preference is so marked, it would be incorrect to consider them the same species. In some websites, these alternative populations are regarded as vietnamese cardinals or some such name (tanichthys micragemmae), a beautiful but clearly different fish.
I know your eagerness towards these cute fishes. grrr In my next project, I will also keep these.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

SCORPIO wrote:
Romi wrote:
VishaalDalal wrote:

I know your eagerness towards these cute fishes. grrr In my next project, I will also keep these.
But why the angry smiley? :shock:
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Answer

Yes Romi is absolutely right it is The White Cloud Mountain minnow (Tanichthys albonubes). I also loved its 4 variations..
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Question No. 7

How many teeth can a shark grow during its lifetime? Options are .... 25 000, 50 000, 10 0000
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

A shark can grow 50000 teeth in lifetime.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Answer

Absolutely right Rajivjee...
-A P J Abdul Kalam
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Question No. 8

What is astaxanthin and lutein and in VIBGYOR where do you find them?
-A P J Abdul Kalam
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Kaushik wrote:Question No. 8

What is astaxanthin and lutein and in VIBGYOR where do you find them?
astaxanthin i guess is a secondery photosynthetic pigment :cnf :cnf
Sushant
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Clue

Very near..... :)
-A P J Abdul Kalam