BAD LUCK WITH CO2 setup !! help!!

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
parichay B
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

BAD LUCK WITH CO2 setup !! help!!

Unread post by parichay B »

guys i have been having major issues with every co2 setup i do. i have an industrial cylinder, with which i first used a yamato regulator solenoid etc, which went crazy after a month, releasing all the co2, killing all my fish during the first few days after the second refill. then i got a weldstar regulator setup, died in 2 months, i managed to save my fish when i realised something was wrong, then for my 3rd setup i tried to do a self fix , getting stuff from chawri bazar, which failed in 3 days :(, then i lost all hope an bought an ista controller for 5.5K,was working brilliantly except after my 3rd refill, suddenly yesterday evening it started making a loud noise, i noticed that my pressure gauge was showing 1500psi than 1000, so i thought maybe the guy overfilled and something went wrong. this morning the regulator just stopped working, after the timer went on, the needle never released the gas.

i have spent too much money with all of this, can someone help me? could something be wrong with the co2 gass grade, the cylinder?

thanks
parichay B
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: BAD LUCK WITH CO2 setup !! help!!

a little more info, i stay in indirapuram, and get my refills from sahibabad industrial area.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Could not say where is fault. But there will be something wrong with your cylinder. My CO2 supplier also get refiled cylinder from Sahibabad Industrial area. I am also using ISTA regulator. Never faced problem. Please show the photograph of your failed ISTA controller.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
parichay B
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

hmm, how long have you been running the regulator now? i shall provide a picture by the evening when i reach home. its technically this one - http://www.istaproducts.com/details+CO2 ... ducts/223/. the final output gauge was showing full pressure and beyond this morning, and the primary one is at 1500psi
parichay B
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

what kind of problem could be in the cylinder to cause this issue?
parichay B
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

it may be an overpressure situation. i think the guy at the station overfilled it. 1500psi might have hit the safety valve. in that case is there any way to fix it?
Neeraj
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Neeraj »

parichay

have you opened the complete valve of you cylinder ???
problem might be with you Solenoid now.

Shut off the cylinder valve. remove the regulator ans see if pressure needle comes down to 0.and with out attaching regulator open cylinder valve and check co2 in cylinder.

then check you regulator switch on the solenoid open needle valve completely and blow air in it and check it ic coming or not most of the time solenoid use to be culprit .

Regards,
Regards,
Neeraj
https://www.facebook.com/petduniya
parichay B
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

no i havent detached anything. as this ista regulator is pretty tightly sealed. i just removed the regulator from the cylinder. the main gauge has come down to 0 from 1500psi but the 2nd gauge is stuck at full swing. so something is holding the needle at stop position. thats why im guessing it was because of over pressure and safety valve.
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Parichay,

Please try and read my thread on CO2 setups on Aquapetz. I do not recommend that you follow whatever I have mentioned in the thread, but note that pressurised gases at home are dangerous and need to be dealt with with utmost care.

Firstly, dont give up on the Ista regulator. Take it to a retailer who deals with gases in your area. Or give it to the plant from where you fill the CO2. They will pass high pressure air through the regulator which will help release any valve which may have got stuck. The second valve seems to have got stuck.

Your main problem is the cylinder. You may be aware, cylinders have a life. They have their manufacturing date stamped and must be dumped after a certain years of usage. I feel sorry for you, but I think you will need to change the cylinder.
parichay B
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

great Apuda, that is helpful. i think i will buy a cylinder and take my regulator to filling station and see if i can get it fixed. that seems to be the only issue as of now. just for confirmations on this last thread Apuda i will post a picture tonight so you can see the gauges and reconfirm.